Dear customers of the Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant,
The Bow Valley Ranche is known for bringing people together and has witnessed many difficult times and events throughout its century-long history. Within the walls of the house, it carries the mark of resilience and strength, reminding us that this too shall pass. As we are navigating this new reality together, we are continuously adjusting and adapting our business model to make sure you can safely enjoy dining at our restaurant or using our a la maision delivery service.
With the new government guidelines in place, we are opening our restaurant doors to our guests while extending our a la maison service for clients who prefer fine dining delivery. Starting Tuesday, May 26, our restaurant will be open at a limited capacity for Dinner, Lunch, Brunch and Afternoon Tea service. Here is what you need to know before you come in:
We are taking extraordinary steps to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees. We put together a detailed internal policy that includes advanced health and safety measures for our staff to follow.
Our must-follow ground rules:
- Masks are mandatory for all staff.
- Proper handwashing is recommended every 30 minutes.
- All dining areas, kitchen, and washrooms will be frequently and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized following Alberta Health regulations and guidelines.
- Food processing and handling procedures must be strictly followed.
- Staff members with COVID 19 symptoms must self-isolate at home and report to management.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for staff and guests throughout the key point restaurant areas.
Our large indoor and outdoor dining areas allow us to host our guests safely at a 50% capacity. We changed the current layout, having tables placed at a minimum of 2m distance from each other with a maximum seating capacity of 6 guests per table.
Aside from our regular patio, we designed an alfresco dining area in our backyard so more guests can enjoy the outdoors. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide blankets for patio and garden dining.
The restaurant will have two designated doors for entrance and exit only to avoid congested areas. Proper signage will be posted in our dining areas, and our hosts will be available to guide our guests while managing the foot traffic.
We introduced new table rules with place settings arranged after the guests arrived. We replaced our regular menus with one time use recyclable paper menus. Salt and pepper shakers will be available upon request and frequently used items such as credit card machines will be disinfected after each use.
With regards to afternoon tea service, we have adjusted our plating to ensure each guest has a separate plate.
As our staff takes extraordinary steps and measures to keep you safe while you are visiting our restaurant, we would appreciate you taking your part as a responsible guest. A few things you can do to help us keep everyone safe:
- Make an online reservation before you come in so we can better accommodate you while following our new limited seating capacity.
- Share a table with members of the same household.
- Follow our on-site signs and directions. To avoid congested areas, we will have designated entrance only and exit only doors for customers and staff.
- Please be patient while our hosts are helping other customers. Some extra time may be required with the new guidelines.
- When arriving at the restaurant, please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Keep the recommended 2m physical distance from other customers and employees.
We look forward to seeing our customers again and bringing our dedicated employees back to work. Stay safe and Bon Appetit!